The Santa Clara Broncos (23-9) will look to build on a four-game road win streak when they take on the Sam Houston Bearkats (25-7) on Wednesday, March 15, 2023 at Leavey Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Broncos’ (to win on the moneyline) game with the Bearkats ( ).
The betting insights in this article are based off odds valid as of March 13, 2023 at 9:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Santa Clara vs Sam Houston Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Santa Clara Offense Vs. Sam Houston Defense
|Santa Clara Offense||Stats (Rank)||Sam Houston Defense|
|77.5 (48)||Points/Gm||58.9 (4)|
|36.7 (72)||Possessions/Game||36.5 (284)|
|45.5 (118)||Field Goal %||39.4 (9)|
|36.9 (44)||3PT %||32.2 (76)|
|52.3 (108)||Effective FG %||46.8 (30)|
|55.5 (118)||True Shooting %||52.7 (98)|
Sam Houston Offense Vs. Santa Clara Defense
|Sam Houston Offense||Stats (Rank)||Santa Clara Defense|
|73.2 (138)||Points/Gm||73.6 (280)|
|36.5 (79)||Possessions/Game||36.7 (290)|
|45.7 (108)||Field Goal %||43.6 (154)|
|38.3 (16)||3PT %||36.1 (304)|
|52.9 (75)||Effective FG %||50.6 (195)|
|55.3 (132)||True Shooting %||54.1 (153)|
Best Betting Sites For Santa Clara vs Sam Houston
£10 in Free Bets
this week if you bet £25 on trebles, accumulators and Bet Builder bets*
NFL & NBA Specials
£10 in Free Bets Weekly
To Claim: Click Play Now
100% Up to $200 On Deposit
$10 Casino Bonus
To Claim: Click Play Now
Santa Clara Betting Insights
- Santa Clara has compiled a 16-15-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Broncos have covered the spread five times this season (5-11 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, 15 out of Santa Clara’s 31 games have gone over the point total.
- In 20 of 31 games this season, the Broncos and their opponents have gone over 142.5 points.
- Santa Clara has an average total of 151.1 in its outings this year, 8.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Sam Houston Betting Insights
- Sam Houston has won 17 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 11 times.
- The Bearkats have covered the spread twice this season (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Sam Houston’s games have gone over the point total 12 out of 28 times this season.
- The Bearkats have combined with their opponents to score more than 142.5 points in six of 28 games this season.
- The average total for Sam Houston’s games this season is 132.0 points, 10.5 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Santa Clara Key Players
- The Broncos points, rebounds and assists leader is Brandin Podziemski. He puts up 19.9 points per game and adds 8.8 rebounds and 3.5 assists.
- The Broncos are led by Keshawn Justice from beyond the arc. He hits 2.9 shots from deep per game.
- Podziemski leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Parker Braun collects 1.0 block an outing to pace Santa Clara.
Sam Houston Key Players
- Qua Grant’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Bearkats scoring and assists leaderboards with 14.0 points per game and 4.1 assists per game.
- Javion May collects all of the boards and is the Sam Houston leader in rebounds, grabbing 4.8 per game.
- Donte Powers makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bearkats, cashing in 2.2 treys per game.
- Sam Houston’s Grant has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.9 per game and Tristan Ikpe is first in blocks with 0.5 per game.